Ebonie Henderson | Director of Nursing, Northampton Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center
As the Director of Nursing, Ebonie serves not only as a system manager but as a resource for the nursing Team. She started her VHS career 20 years ago as an LPN (med nurse) at JRCRC. Ebonie obtained her ADN in 2005 from Thomas Nelson Community College. She has held a number of positions from ADON, Education and currently DON. Ebonie recently obtained her certification as a wound care nurse through the American Board of Wound Management. When asked about why she chose this field she replied, “because I’m a caregiver by nature”. She loves the possibility of making a difference in someone’s life. This desire not only relates to the residents she cares for but extends to her coworkers and families. Ebonie is a wife, mother and grandmother. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling with her family and playing bingo.
Northampton Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center
1028 Topping Lane
Hampton, Virginia 23666
Located in the Northampton neighborhood of Hampton.
- Rehabilitation wing with luxurious private rooms, private gathering and dining areas and a state-of-the-art rehabilitation area
- Ranked as one of the Best Nursing Homes by US News and World Report in 2013
Contact the Northampton Convalescent Center
More About Northampton Convalescent Center
Northampton Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center (NHCRC)
1028 Topping Lane
Hampton, Virginia 23666
NHCRC is located in the Northampton neighbor of Hampton. Our Convalescent and Full-Service Physical Rehabilitation Facility, is licensed by the State of Virginia and Nationally Accredited. NHCRC has been ranked as “One of the Best Nursing Homes” by the US News and World Report.
At NHCRC, whether you are with us for a short-term rehabilitation or chose to make this home within our convalescent division, we are here throughout to assist in obtaining your personal goals. Our rehabilitation team works with each guest to set and meet goals throughout the recovery process. It is our mission to assist you in overcoming the challenges and changes in your life. Our personalized programs and services, along with organized activities are designed to help you meet your individual objectives.
- Short Term Rehabilitation
- Convalescent Care
- Respite care
- Complex Wound Care
- All Private rooms for our skilled and rehabilitation residents
- Medical Staff with accessibility to physicians and nurse practitioners
- We offer an all-inclusive rate plan to assist with budget planning
- Wireless Internet for Residents and Guests
- Activities planned by our Recreation Director
- A Medicare certified facility
- A Medicaid eligible facility
- No entrance fee or community fee
- On site Prescription Services
- Care provided by 24 Hour RN’s and LPN’s
- Nutritionally balanced menus designed by clinical dietician
- Family Visiting Areas
- Outdoor Courtyard Space for relaxation
- Licensed Staff
- Certified Wound Nurse
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistance
- Physical Therapy
- Psychiatric Services
- Dental Services
- Vision Services
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Stoke Recovery
- Shoulder and elbows
- Hand and wrist
- Hip and Knee
- Fracture Care
- Long Term Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Management – with Certified Wound Nurse
- Pain Management
- Nutritional Therapy
- Tube Feeding
- Infection Disease Management
- Brain injury
- General debilitation (weakness)
- Spinal cord injury
- Neurological conditions
- Selected orthopedics diagnoses
- Therapeutic recreation
- Care management services
- Nutrition services
- Pastoral care/Spiritual Care Counseling
- Barber/Beauty Services
- Pet Therapy
A patient’s potential to benefit from rehabilitation services is the primary criteria used when determining admission to Northampton Convalescent and Rehabilitation. Services are covered by most insurance carriers including Medicare, Medicaid, Anthem and many others. We will verify insurance benefits and pre-certify admissions prior to actual admission.
Patients are accepted on a referral basis for Rehabilitation. Physicians, social workers, discharge planners, family members, or potential patients can refer to our facility.
The Administrator, Debra Woody (757-826-4922) will schedule an assessment that may be conducted at the facility, hospital, patient’s home or wherever is most convenient.
Bring your pictures, your cozy blanket and any other items that will make your stay as comfortable as possible. We want you to feel at home and surrounded by things your love.
The Administrator, Debra Woody (757-826-4922) will schedule an appointment to come visit our facility to learn about what we offer to residents here at Northampton Convalescent and Rehabilitation Center. A complete review of the facility will highlight all the benefits of choosing our premier location.